Search Google

Custom Search

Friday, May 21, 2010

DaMarcus Beasley Wants To Stay In Europe


DaMarcus Beasely has been a proud member of the famed Scottish Premier League team Rangers for years now. This changed recently when the team informed him that they would not offer him a new contract. Come July 1, 2010 he is a man without a team. One of America's best young talents is a free man. One would think this is a great time for the MLS to step up and bring the 27 year old former Chicago Fire winger home and that may just happen, but not if it is up to Beasley.

In an interview given to mlssoccer.net, Beasley said:

"My first option is Europe. I’m open to a lot of different possibilities and opportunities for myself. Right now come July 1, I don’t have a club. So I’m looking for different opportunities. MLS could be one or it could not. I had a great time, but Scotland is done, I’m looking forward to opening a new chapter in my book. Whether that’s in England, Spain, Greece or whatever. I would love to stay in Europe, it’s my first option … Any club that needs a left midfielder or a right midfielder, I’m available.”

Judging from this statement a return to the MLS will be a last ditch effort to remain a professional soccer player and I cannot see that many teams in Europe passing on him. He is a talented player and with his clear intent on remaining in Europe, he will no doubt find a club that wants him and if he is smart one that he will get significant playing time on.

A few options to think about; a lower level team in one of the top tier leagues i.e. Wolverhampton or a West Ham looking to get back where they below at the top with a young and most likely affordable player in the EPL. He could remain in Scotland with a Falkirk, which is just a 15 minute train ride from Ibrox Stadium where Rangers play, and show his former team what they missed out on. The list can go on and on. The bottom line is that DaMarcus Beasley wants to remain in Europe and when you step back and look at the big picture, he is a talented player in his prime with literally hundreds of teams to connect with and it surely will happen.

1 comment:

  1. Go To Big Soccer and your blogs will be read by dozens or thousands. Do it!

    ReplyDelete